Someone nominated Robin for a Beautiful Blogger Award, which is definitely desired. She then nomiated me for some unknown reason. LOL
Here are some things that you may not know about me.
1) I have low/no self-esteem. I was fat as a child (nicknamed Miss Piggy) and grew out of it somewhat as an adult. More on the chucky and curvy side than fat. My weight fluctuates like a yo-yo.
2) I don't like to talk about myself much or like to be in pictures. This probably relates to #1.
3) I was recently layed off. I don't have any bad will against my former company, but items #1 and #2 are definitely a hurdle in a job search. It has made me realize how bad I was with keeping in touch with people. That's something I'm working on improving.
Enough with the Debbie Downer items ;)
4) I'm a collector. I collect first edition hard cover books (mostly mystery), DVDs (have about 300 movies), yarn and now fabric (as most knitters and sewers).
5) I support the troops through BooksForSoldiers. I used to be more active in sending care packages, but I got a little burnt out. I've got shelves of paperbacks, puzzles, games. pens, used DVDs in my basement ready to go. Each box is about $15 for shipping, which is not bad, but financially not a good time for me right now.
6) I'm a Facebook game addict. Right now I can't stop playing crazy quilt software. Ironic, right? I don't post very often (like here), but I go and play the games too often.
7) I'm an only child with an extended step family. I have a stepfather, stepmother, stepbrother, and two stepsisters. One of my sisters has been my housemate for over 5 years and we're three months apart in age. Made for interesting coversation during college bar days (same last name).
9) I've been trying to exercise over the last couple of years. I was doing extremely well between my personal trainer and starting to run on my own. My #3 item has put a dent in that schedule. You would think I have all the time in the world to exercise, but I find myself less motivated. I think it's a mix of guilt that I should be doing something more productive (looking for a job), no regular daily routine anymore (go to gym after work), and I really hate working out. I did feel better overall and was definitely looking better than I have in the past. I haven't stopped all together, but sometimes it's weeks before I get back to the gym.
10) I take pictures of flowers when I go on vacation. I'm having difficulties with my computer, so this is the only picture I can post right now. This is a picture from a California winery. They plant flowers and roses near the grapes as an early frost warning system. Effective and beautiful.
Update: My computer is feeling better now. This picture is from Arizona. My sister and I were walking up Camelback Mountain and this was on the way there.
Can't have flower pictures without one from Hawaii. This was in a strip mall parking lot.
Here's one from House on the Rock. There's a small, but beautiful, Japanese garden there.