My knitting group got together this past weekend for another quilting tutorial. Kathy gave us one about a year ago, but most of us didn't sew much. Now more of us have machines, so we tried round two. The first tutorial was a nine patch that all of us finish. I wanted to do a log cabin and Kathy graciously agreed. I was able to finish two complete squares that look like this..
I made a mistake on the third square, so we used that as the example for putting it all together and free motion quilting. I don't know if I'm going to free motion with maybe a different color than black or to stitch in the ditch. We'll see when/if I get enough squares sewn to make something. My original thought was a table runner, but now I'm leaning toward pillows for my bed or a lap quilt.